Hot stone massage is well known, but hot stone reflexology is on the rise! Using hot stones to heal and treat ailments has been around since ancient times. Heat feels good on the body. The principle behind this is that applying hot stones relaxes the body at its deepest level, allowing the Reflexology Therapist to ease the support rebalancing of the body’s systems.
What are the benefits of hot stones reflexology?
- Heat penetrates to a much deeper level than finger pressure, improving energy flow
- Relieves muscle tension and tension in connective tissues;
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- increased elimination of waste products and toxins from your body
- Boosts the immune system
- De-stresses and promotes relaxation
- Promotes the release and elimination of toxins
- The heat soothes to melt away tension or anxiety
- Helps to bring about a balance of body as well as mind.
- Promotes a meditative state
The benefits of hot stone reflexology are like those from a standard reflexology session, the difference being that there’s a faster response when stones are used to heat your body.Hot stone reflexology isn’t for everyone. It’s not recommended when there’s inflammation such as with rheumatoid arthritis, or skin conditions that can be aggravated by moisture or heat, such as dermatitis.
During a hot reflexology treatment, a Reflexology Therapist works on your feet and legs right up to your knees. Basalt stones, a volcanic rock, are used because of its high density to hold heat. Stones are used to massage the lower legs relieving any tension in the calf muscles and help increase energy flow. Smaller stones are used to work the reflex areas and points of the feet. As some people can handle more heat than others, the Reflexology Therapist will check that the stones are at the right temperature for you. All you need to do is relax and let your body relax, rebalance, and heal.
If you want to give it a try, check out who is giving the treatment in Calgary.