It’s time to do some spring cleaning! Besides cleaning out your attic, closets, garage, and yard … don’t forget about cleansing your body too. Today’s blog is the fourth of a six-part series on cleanses.
Exfoliating your face is a great way to spring clean. Why is it good to do this? Often the body is slow to shed dead skin cells and generate new ones. When old skin cells are not removed, they can begin to pile up on the surface of the face leaving the skin looking dull, rough, and dry. Additionally, the build-up of dead skin cells can result in excess oil and clogged pores, leading to blemishes and acne.
There are very easy ways to make do-it-yourself facial cleansers at home using simple ingredients. Some of the best exfoliates are: baking soda, sea salt, oatmeal, kefir, yoghurt, honey, milk, lemon juice.
Here’s an easy-to-make exfoliating scrub:
- 1/2 Cup of coconut, olive, almond, or grape seed oil;
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar to the bowl;
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice to the mixture;
Here are the steps you need to take to exfoliate your face:
- Tie your hair back;
- Soak a clean wash cloth with hot water and rub it all over your face;
- Apply the exfoliating scrub;
- Rince the scrub off your face with warm water;
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel;
- Apply a good moisturizer.
Have questions? Simply reach out to me at Step Forward to Better Health.