It’s time to do some spring cleaning! Besides cleaning out your attic, closets, garage, and yard … don’t forget about cleansing your body too. Today’s blog is the first of a six-part series on cleanses.
Each and everyday we are exposed to toxins in our environment that come from: pollution, cleaning products, cosmetics, hair care products, food, and drinks. So, to detoxify allows the body to neutralize and eliminate chemicals. Doing a juice cleanse helps to release toxins stored up in the body while introducing nutrition. Additionally, this type of cleanse can help with:
- Weight loss;
- Joint pain;
- Thyroid issues;
- Enhancing a good night’s sleep;
- Improves digestion;
- Increases vitamin absorption;
- Boost the immune system;
- Increases energy.
How do you prepare a juice cleanse? There are lots of fruits and vegetables out there, so which ones should be used? When it comes to promoting weight loss, here are some recommended liquids as well as nutrient-dense fruits, vegetables, herbs & spices that are ideal:
- Liquids: Apple cider vinegar; Vegetable broth;
- Fruits: Bananas; Berries low in sugar such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries; Guava; Pear; Pineapple; Watermelon;
- Vegetables: Broccoli; Celery; Cucumber; Chard, Kale; Lemon; Lettuce; Parsley; Spinach;
- Herbs and Spices: Basil; Cayenne; Chili Peppers; Cumin; Ginger; Turmeric; Cinnamon.
This juice recipe designed for weight loss is nutritious, mineral-rich, and packed with vitamin A. In a juicer blend and enjoy:
- ½ Bunch of dill;
- 1 Lemon;
- 1 Jalapeno pepper;
- 1 Cup of Spinach;
- 3 Tomatoes;
- 4 Cucumbers;
- 4 Carrots.
Have questions? Simply reach out to me at Step Forward to Better Health.